Friday, April 16, 2010

Cheddar Stuffed Turkey Burgers

I know everyone probably likes the traditional beef burger, but I encourage you to give this recipe a try. Turkey is healthier and it gives me something different to make for my little man. You can make this recipe with beef too if your not fond of ground turkey.

1 pound of ground turkey or beef
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 garlic powder
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1tbsp olive oil
Hamburger rolls

1. In a bowl; combine meat, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Mix thoroughly.
2. Divide mixture into 4 parts and then roll each into a ball.
3. Use thumb to depress a large hole in center of each & fill with 2 tbsp cheese and form into a patty. (I rolled the meat back into a ball after adding cheese and when I added the meat into the pan I press the meat softly with the spatula to form a patty.)
4. Cook burgers in a pan on the stove or on the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment